I am about to hit the first milestone in my weight loss journey…10 pounds! My starting weight was 194 and my current weight this morning was 185. As much as I’ve shared about all the new and delicious healthy foods I’ve tried, it hasn’t always been sunshine and rainbows. Here’s what I’ve experienced so far:
- The first 10 pounds are the hardest.
- It is most definitely a mental reset as well as a caloric reset.
- You really have to change the way you think about food. Treats are totally fine, but a majority of the time it is key to look at food as fuel.
- Eat good, wholesome, filling foods. None of that over processed junk!
- Accept yourself at every stage of the journey.