I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas! My husband and I spent the day with my parents playing cards and sharing many laughs 🙂
With that being said, the new year is fast approaching and I’ve done a lot of reflecting lately. My main goal for 2016 was self growth. It all started with a book titled “You are a badass,” which changed my whole way of thinking! Despite the extra 30 lbs I packed on this year (life happens) I have more confidence now than I have my entire life- all because I was able to change my way of thinking. It really does all start with your mindset.
We could have let tragedy ruin our first year of marriage, but we did not. With the help of therapy, my husband was able to properly deal with his accident and the anguish it caused. I am beyond proud. I am thankful for our friends and family who rallied around us and gave us a reception filled with love and laughter.
Now, onto 2017 goals…
Since ’16 was based around resetting my mind, ’17 will be centered around physical health and lifestyle changes. I want to:
- Become mainly plant-based. I have done this in the past and it made a huge difference.
- Get hired into a full time position at my current company. I love my job, and after a little over a year of working there I am eager to advance!
- Explore more. We’re taking a cruise in February, but I’d really like make my rounds in my home state here and see all the mitten has to offer.
- Pay off at least 1 credit card.
- Lastly, be in the moment more. Every time something interesting happens I, like many, am so quick to grab my phone and take pictures. I want to stop doing that, and just BE. So if there aren’t many vacation pictures this upcoming year, just know I am soaking in the moment 🙂